Tourist and Visitor Visa Programs

Free Assessment

A visitor of Canada refers to a person who is lawfully in Canada or seeking to visit the Country temporarily with a leisurely purpose. This person is not a citizen of the Country, nor a permanent residency holder.

Everyone who wishes to visit the Country, should apply and obtain a visitor’s visa before arriving at a Port of Entry (POE).

It was decided that from November 10, 2016, every air traveler from visa exempt countries will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) before boarding a flight. This included the visitors flying to Canada.

Further details

The visitors to Canada especially coming from foreign countries, will require a visitor’s visa before they could travel to Canada. This visa could also be extended if the visitors intend to stay in the Country for a longer time. Following categories of visitor’s visa are made available for coming to Canada:

The diverse culture, beautiful nature, assorted wildlife, and climate as well as the natural wonders of Canada, attracts a lot of tourists from every corner of the globe.
In order to manage the surge of people who visit Canada, a tourist visa or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an essential requirement. For ensuring that the visitors of Canada do not pose any threat or harm to the Country in any way, the Canadian government has taken this initiative, where having a tourist visa is mandatory for all those who are in the Country for a casual visit, or a vacation in the Country. Having a tourist visa will ensure that the visitors can financially support themselves during their stay in the Country, and will essentially return to the countries they came from, once their limited duration of visiting Canada is over. You must take the help of Immigration Consultants in Canada for a better guidance on immigration programs.

For obtaining a visitor or tourist visa for Canada, you must be able to satisfy the following requirements:

• You should have valid travel documentation and also must be able to represent your ties to the home Country.
• You should have a financial support for the trip to Canada and should also be able to show it clearly.
• You must prove that you are criminally and medically admissible to Canada.
• You must be able to show a realistic travel plan and if you have a friend or relative in Canada, then an invitation letter from them will be helpful in supporting the application.

If you are a citizen of Canada or a PR holder of the Country, then the Canadian immigration laws allow you to sponsor your parents or grandparents, provided they prove their relationship with you and fit the requisites of the government of the Country.
But as the above-mentioned sponsorship program reaches its maximum capacity very soon, the Canadian government introduced “The Supervisa” in order to make sure that your parents or grandparents could come and visit you for a long time. The visa is valid for 10-years and will allow your parents or grandparents to stay in Canada for up to two years.

In case of any confusion in which program you should apply for, you are invited for a FREE assessment at Sherway Immigrations. We have an excellent team of immigration consultants in Canada to guide you about the best program(s) suited for your situation.